|Vacancy Announcement Number||JF/100/2011|
|Contract Status||Fixed term appointment|
|Contract Duration||3 years including 1 year of probation|
|Benefits||Monthly Salary from JD 812 & 600 Fils. Other benefits include Provident Fund contribution (15% of basic salary paid by the Agency), medical insurance and 30 days of annual leave. Dependency benefits are subject to eligibility.|
|Duty Station||Jordan Field Office|
|Issue Date||27 November 2011|
|Deadline for Applications||11 December 2011|
Place in the Organisation
The incumbent of this post is responsible to the Human Resources Career Management Officer.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Manages day to day operation of Recruitment services and activities including coordination of all aspects of the Recruitment process that culminates in conducting and participating in interview panels and completing interview reports for local Recruitment in the field;
- Monitors the Recruitment process for Area staff: provides advice to Chiefs of Area Offices on recruitment: Maintains and monitors daily paid rosters within the field ;
- Initiates contact with job applicants and provides guidance and feedback to internal and external candidates on matters related to the Recruitment process and employment with Agency: contacts counterparts in missions, on- governmental organizations and national Recruitment services ,with regard to Agency vacancies and applications as required ;
- Oversees the development of appropriate tools for assessment of Recruitment process in coordination with hiring offices;
- Advises the Human Resource Career Management Officer and FHRO on all recruiting issues and assists in the development of the annual field recruiting plan, guidelines and procedures of recruitment, and suitable strategies with regard to the refinement of the field’s Recruitment and selection procedures;
- Reviews vacancy advertisements to ensure compliance with post descriptions and production of effective advertisement material and style: coordinates preparation and administration of technical tests and interviews: monitors the process of screening applications against established criteria and raises discrepancies with concerned department and advises the Human Resources Career Management Officer accordingly:
- Coordinates with hiring managers to plan the recruiting actions, including interviews panels, ensuring that all parties agree on the timeline and that the recruiting action is in accordance with the overall recruiting plan:
- Reviews the Recruitment reports and rosters on a regular basis to include planned tests and interviews, established of incumbent profiles, analysis of statistical information and establishment off shortlists ; produce periodic or other statistical reports on staffing and Recruitment section activities for use inside the Agency:
- Performs such other duties as may be assigned.
- A university degree in human resources management, public or business administration or any other related field.
- At least five years experience in human resources management, public or business administration preferably Recruitment and succession planning in administration related functions ; three of which at the supervisory level.
- Excellent of spoken and written English and Arabic.
- Proven analytical skills, ability to identify needs, develop and implement various Recruitment programmes;
- Knowledge of human resources and talent management policies and programmes, in particular, Recruitment and its interrelationships with career development, staff development and succession planning;
- Demonstrates professional competence in meeting commitments. Takes responsibility for incorporating gender perspectives and ensuring equal participation of women and men in all areas of work;
- Ability to establish priorities and to plan, coordinate and monitor own work and those under his/her supervision.
Formal training in human resources management and career planning
When the minimum requirements are not fully met, the Director of UNRWA Operations/Affairs may exceptionally substitute part of the unmet requirements with a combination of relevant academic qualifications, additional professional training and progressive relevant work experience.
NB: Work experience alone or formal qualifications with no relevant work experience are not considered an acceptable combination.
How to Apply
Applicants are required to register at http://jobs.unrwa.org by creating a personal profile and completing an UNRWA Personal History Form. Please note that UNRWA only accepts degrees from accredited educational institutions. Only applications received through http://jobs.unrwa.org will be considered. Due to the large number of applications received, only applicants short-listed for interview will be contacted.